Nicole Fernandez-Coffaro is a multi-faceted artist, celebrated for her rich, warm soprano, and her direct, powerful theatrical performances. Equally comfortable in musical theatre, classical music, and acting, both stage and screen, Nicole is one of NYC’s most exciting young artists.
Born and raised in Southern California, Nicole moved to NYC after receiving her BFA in theatre performance from Chapman University. Since her arrival in the city, Nicole has made her Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, NY City Center, and Prototype Festival debuts as a soprano soloist with MasterVoices, under the direction of her musical mentor, Ted Sperling. She’s also made her 54 Below debut, and sings frequently throughout the city, during which time she’s worked with some of the country’s finest new music composers and creatives including Ricky Ian Gordon, Marisa Michelson, David Bloom, Theo Popov/Tony Asaro, and Zak Winokur. She is a student and mentee of Victoria Clark’s private voice studio. A teacher in her own right, Nicole’s studio, NFC voice, provides private lessons and group classes for singers of all levels seeking their most natural sound, and healthiest technique.
Nicole is a founding member of TAG Theater Co., under the artistic direction of David Perlow, and participates in their productions regularly. The company’s “Zoom Reading Series” continues under quarantine.
Bilingual in English and Spanish, Nicole is passionate about her Cuban culture and continuing to cultivate diversity in the theater. She gives all of her work sazón y amor.
Instagram + News
- New collaboration with Latina Women in Opera, dropping in the next few weeks. Check out their Instagram account
- NFC Voice is now officially launched! Head to the NFC voice page for information on how to reserve a lesson time.
- #fridayperformanceclip Instagram cover series will continue throughout quarantine. Click link on left to hear “Let It Be”.
- Nicole Fernandez-Coffaro to compete in online semi-finals of CS Music Vocal Competition- Classical/Emerging Professional division.
- TAG Theater Co. announces Zoom Reading Series during COVID-19 quarantine. Nicole Fernandez-Coffaro set to read in “Fade” by Tanya Saracho, “Beyond Therapy”, and more.